The DITABIS Imaging Plate Reader is controlled by a PC. It comes with a software package for device control and image viewing and analysis.
The software runs on Windows 98/NT/2000 platforms. The reader is directly linked to the computer and all control is done by the computer. After readout the imaging files are available on the computer or network drive.
Reader control functions:
- Loading and unloading plates
- Scan parameters in pre-defined and user definable parameter sets.
- Full control of all scanning parameters: gain, pixel size and data channels.
- User defined scanning area to restrict readout on the actual exposed area (reduce amount of data)
- Unique filename and comment for every image, based on common filename and comment input.
- Import of microscope log files or text file to the header of the images.
Viewing and handling images:
- Previews of images allows quick handling of large images.
- Comment and scanning parameters in header of image file for file identification
- Database function for quick search of images
- Look-Up Table to adjust contrast and brightness to view details in image Zoom functions
- Saving in proprietary format and export to standard and DTP formats.
- Printing on PC printer
- Undo function for all image processing functions
- Various filter functions, custom convolution filters
- Rotation of images
- Image Arithmetic between several images
- All functions can be restricted to a Region Of Interest
- Merge Files with different gain to high dynamic data set
- Change pixel size (binning) and average macro pixels
- Point measurements: intensity, distance and location
- Line measurements: line profile with lateral average, data export.
- Area measurements: intensity, deviation, geometric data.
- 2 dimensional FFT
- 3D-Plot of intensities
- Peak find function: Magnitude / Angle / Position / Shape